What I have achieved in 3.2 decades
- 2 beautiful sons
- 2 beautiful daughters
- 10 years of marriage
- Started my own company
- Completed Post graduate Migration law studies
- accepted into Combined law, and criminal/community justice double degree (Dream goal! yay me!)
- Lost 7kgs
- In process of becoming Registered Migration Agent (Australia)
- Met some really beautiful people.
- Accepted scholarship
- Found new office
Not so good things
- Discovering childhood neglect through counselling. Didn’t even realize how bad it was affecting my adult life.
- Lost best friend and husband. We just both didn’t put enough effort into the marriage. You only get out what you put in.
- Dealing with stabilizing my emotional and mental health through my new found love of weightlifting —–> then getting a bulging disc, currently in the healing process.
Things to look forward to in 2018
- Working on myself, for myself first —–> then the children as their mother, and hopefully as a friend to my husband.
- Learn to chill out and not take life so seriously. Childhood neglect makes love a performance based process. Truth is, you should accept yourself as you are not on your achievements.
- Focus on accepting myself for who and what I am. Not waiting for a checklist of achievements before being ok with who I am.
- Not allowing the past to dictate my level of ‘good enough’. As I am, I am enough.
You too are good enough, just as you are. Don’t let the bastards get you down. Ha!